3600 N. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60613
- Awards: IHDA Housing Champion: Development of the Year; International Interior Design Association Senior Living Community Based Facility
- Financing: 9% LIHTC, HOME, IAHTC, DCEO Energy-Efficiency Grant, Project Rental Assistance
- 79 units
- Residents aged 55 and older
- Completed in 2014
- Total Development Cost: $26 million
Vibrant new senior housing in the heart of Lakeview
Town Hall Apartments, the adaptive re-use of the historic decommissioned Town Hall police station and new construction of a six-story residential building, opened in August 2014. Its senior residents enjoy bright, modern apartments with floor to ceiling windows, most with dynamic city views (some of Wrigley Field!) Ideally located for public transit, residents of Town Hall Apartments also enjoy building amenities including a landscaped terrace facing lively Halsted Street, fitness room, computer lab, family dining room for small gatherings and secure bike parking, as well as laundry on each floor and onsite property management and social service staff. Neighborhood amenities, including Lake Michigan beaches and parks, as well as numerous medical, retail, community and religious institutions, are just steps away. Center on Halsted, our development partner and social service provider, is half a block away and provides a myriad of social and other activities for the LGBTQ community; its Senior Center, "Center on Addision", opened in the first floor of the historic police station in January. Town Hall Apartments will attain LEED NC Silver rating for sustainable development.
Live at Town Hall Apartments!
What you need to know:
- Studio and one-bedroom units available
- Exclusively a senior population – all residents must be aged 55 or older
- Household size depends on size of unit
- Rent and income restrictions vary: call manager for current information
- No current vacancies; waitlist is closed